Blonde Moments

Posted by Goddess of Nonsense on ,
I was talking to a friend on the phone. She was sounding pretty low, so as a good friend it was my responsibility to cheer her up. Cracking jokes at her expense, at a time like this? Bad idea! So i thought of making myself the butt of the joke. You guys can go ahead and half a laugh at my expense as well.

Me: I'm going to Bangkok
Swat: Awesome! So where else are you going to in Thailand?
Me: Swat, I'm not going to Thailand, I am going to Bangkok!

The next one is a conversation between me and this Jai Hind hottie, Farhan who I was trying to make small talk with during Blitzkrieg, right after his 'Mock band' performance. In a Mock band performance, the group members just have to pretend to play the instruments and sing. But the bets part was that, they were so damn convincing that I thought they were actually singing.

Me: Dude you sang really well.
Farhan: really when?
me: On stage.
Farhan: California dreams?
Me: ya
Farhan: Oh thanks! But you do know that it was a mock band performance.
Me: (trying to look the other way and start a conversation with someone else because I'm too embarrased to even look at him)

The third one's not really a blonde moment. It involves saying the wrong things at the wrong times.
Happened yesterday when Maithili, I and Sid were walking down Marine Drive.

Sid: Man i find it so cheesy when these couples sit here and start getting cozy.
Me: I swear man! It's worse when Uncles and Aunties do that. I bet they're having an extra-marital affair.
Maith: Why does it have to be extra-marital? They could be a married couple right.
Me:(Very Loudly) Ya but if they were married they wouldn't come here to do stuff! They would do it at home.
(Then 3 aunties walking ahead of us turn and one particularly rude one gives me the dirtiest possible look you can imagine. Seeing this Sid and Maith are taken over by an irresistible urge to laugh and pull me behind the tree where they can laugh without me being scrutinised by that aunty.)
Maith: Why do you have to talk such rubbish so loudly. People get offended.
Me: (even Louder) Oh ya! may be that woman was pissed because what i recited was her life story!



3 comments:

el_idioto said...
April 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

first two were a complete blond moments.. LMAO...

the last one was just plain wrong... as if having an affair with each other (for those 3 fat aunties) wasn't hard enuf.. you speak it all loud... that's y they must be giving u dirty looks...
;)

btw... y do so many girl have these moments... is it some gene thing

Tanuj Lakhina said...
May 4, 2009 at 4:49 AM

2nd one is way too dumb.lol.your chance gone with the hot guy coz of sheer "blondedness" :pe