Journey to a new beginning

Posted by Goddess of Nonsense on ,

It seems like forever since I have blogged.
First it was study leave, then exams, then hols. The excuses are endless.
Reason number 2 - Spending free time writing for CJ *sigh*
Reason number 3 - Topic. I think I need to stop waiting for a topic. It's my blog! I can be as random as I want!
So from now on whether I'm suffering from writer's block or I'm pissed off with my maid for the lack of salt in my food or I'm just extra-happy about a new pair of earrings, I'm going to blog :D

So let's talk about how summer has been so far.
The thing with me is I hate having nothing to do. As funny as it sounds, it depresses me! My mind feels empty and useless. So if it's not projects or exams I feel like I need to find something else to keep my mind occupied.
I was so enthusiastic about starting out on my own. But the excitement has died down. Though I hold onto to my previous idea, I think I am going to delay it for the later part of these vacations.

Internship... Frankly I don't know and as of now I don't care.
Reason being that I'm too occupied with Belly Dance Institute right now. It's amazing how something that is so small suddenly starts playing such a major role in your life. I remember always being fascinated by Shakira's moves and trying to imitate them. The fact that they were no institutes teaching this art was quite disappointing. An article came in the papers once and I remember wondering, why they never put down the numbers of the teachers they have interviewed for the article, reading it over and over again to make sure I didn't miss it.

I remember the how they once held the course for 2-days at Befit Zone and I was absolutely disappointed because I couldn't make it. Then R(My Teacher) somehow came into the picture.I ended up joining the course after so much convincing that it almost didn't feel like it was worth it. Now when I look back, I can't believe I even had second thoughts about it. The dance was refuge into another world. The movements connected with my soul. And when I was there, everything felt perfect.

What added to the experience was the bond I shared with R(My teacher) and the others. After a point the student-teacher barrier had almost disappeared. I remember how R always talked about us being her favourite batch and how she has never been this close to any of her students. I guess that explains the little party she kept for all of us after the last class.

When I joined that class I never thought I'd have so much fun that I'd eagerly look forward to the next time we have a batch together and refuse to commence a class until all the old people were a part of it. Now that we're going to start level 4 soon, frankly speaking I can hardly wait :)

But what truly surprises me is the bond I have formed with R. When she asked me if I'd like to be a trainer with her this summer I was beyond happy. Since I had nothing to do anyway, I offered to help her with the phone calls and the other little work as well. Then she confessed to me how stressed she gets during this entire process and how she'd love to have a helping hand.And somehow I just got involved in so much more than I expected. Now I feel as much a part of the institute as she is, so I want to do my best to make it easier for her and help her reach her target.

AS for those of you reading this post, if Belly Dance fascinates you and you want the art to seduce you as well, let me know. We have batches starting this April and we'd love to have you with us.

1 comments:

Tanuj Lakhina said...
April 16, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Don't know about the dancing part but belly dancing does look hot! Extremely hot!