Bandra and the New Haircut

Posted by Goddess of Nonsense on , , , , ,
I was tired of being the girl with miserable, unshapely, long hair.
I still wanted the long part, but the first two HAD to go!
I've never really been a big fan of fancy salons.
Blame it on the Chindi-ness if you must, but if I can get a really good haircut for half the price, what's the point of over-indulging.

There's something about Bandra you know.
It's very much a part of Bombay and still more different than any other place in this city.
More than the place itself, I think it's the people who create the awe-inspiring Culture that distinguishes them from the rest of the city.
I think the best way to describe the place would be to call it 'The Style Capital of Bombay'.

So when I decided I want my hair to look too-funky-for-it's-roots(yes I just made the phrase up), I obviously couldn't think of a better place to go to.
So I sit in the train and make my way to Fashion Capital with a smile of my face and a million dreams in my eyes (When will I learn to be less dramatic? WHEN?).
Then I take an auto to Mad-O-What(Wont tell you the getting lost in Bandra part AGAIN), and fall in love with the place even before I actually step into.

From the psychedelic interiors to fashionably dressed staff, the gay hairdresser who kept calling me 'babes' and the glass of a brownish-golden liquid which was actually not beer, but steriliser, I fell in love with everything .
I do however have sneaking suspicion it has to do with it's location more than anything else.
Infact, I'm so in love with the location and it's culture that I want to move there.
Since, that's not happening, the least I can do is spend more time there and imbibe some of the Bandra-ness in me.

I'm looking at my closet and I get this sad feeling that I'm not even half way there.
So many plain looking tees, such few earrings, KURTAS(!!), more flip-flops than ballerinas, such few skirts and barely any dresses.
*Sigh* I feel like I've lost myself.
None of it goes with the new hairstyle.
But I feel inspired now.
A makeover is definitely on it's way. =)


0 comments: