Finding my Path

Posted by Goddess of Nonsense on , , ,
In one of his books, Paulo talks about a Mechanic's relationship with cars. Somehow they always seem to instantly know what the problem is. Thorough knowledge? Definitely. Logic? Certainly. But it takes so much more than just knowledge and logic to identify and solve a problem. It of course, takes intuition.

According to me, your life path is already established. Until and unless you don't find this path, your life will be empty and unfulfilled. You'll be as unsatisfied as an artist working in a bank or a dancer who has been forced to become a housewife.

They say 'Work is Worship'. I'm not quite sure if I agree with that one, but as a die hard fan of Paulo, I'm going to say that every work you do from your heart is a meditation in itself. When you immerse yourself in it completely, you let the Divine Energy of the Universe guide your path. It could be as complicated as constructing a building or as simple as preparing a sandwich.

When I think about the path that I have chosen for myself, I often wonder if I have taken the wrong decision. When it came down to choosing my course after the 12Th, I knew it was either Media or Fashion. I was more inclined to media though, the reason being, intellectual stimulation. There's not a day I have regretted my decision. Infact, I feel it has exceeded my expectations and helped me think in ways I probably never thought I would. But speaking of fulfillment, I feel there's another aspect of my life that continues to be unfulfilled.

As weird as it sounds, fashion is one of those vital elements that makes me, me. It's not just about looking gorgeous and flaunting the latest designer wear. It's an art in itself. An extension of your inner self. A mode of expressing the immense creativity that lies inside of me and waits for an opportunity to mix different items of clothing in order to let magic happen. *Claps at herself for the highly melodramatic description of her love for the F word*

Now getting back to topic of discussion, I tried my hand at writing about fashion a while ago. Of course, it gave me immense satisfaction. For a moment I thought, that working for a fashion magazine would lead me onto this Path. Apparently, even that is not enough. The true Path to Satisfaction lies not only in following what I chosen till the end, but treading on another path as well.

I wanted to be a Designer, but i thought I had said goodbye to that dream a long time ago. may be this just is the time to revive it. :)
Wish me luck!

1 comments:

el_idioto said...
June 25, 2009 at 8:46 AM

take all the luck you want... all the bestest!! ;)