Summer'08 (Confessions of a Shopaholic)

Posted by Goddess of Nonsense on ,
Right after I got back form my awesome trip to Chennai, I left for Malaysia. My uncle's a lawyer and practically every year he takes his entire staff for trip. I remember the time my neighbour told me he got a job in Bangalore where his awesome office supplied him with Snickers, Toblerone and the likes everyday. I couldn't help but feel terribly envious. However, when I heard about my Uncles idea of keeping his staff happy, the snickers seemed like a bit of a let down =P .

Since, he was taking his family as well, he asked my brother and I to come along. Give me one good reason why we should have refused?

The best part was that my parents were not coming along. And that meant a summer trip without unnecessary drama and lectures on responsiblity. Also loads of cash and shopping without watching my mum wrinkling her nose and every secong item of clothing I picked up.

Inspite of being with over 25 people, it was almost like travelling alone. On one hand was the entire staff. All of them were too involved in each other anyway. On the other, was the little family. Again involved in each other. And then there was me, my book, my music and my coffee. The road trip was awesome. The weather was terrific. Frankly speaking I don't remember much of the sightseeing we did, but I can tell you this, I fell in love with the shopping!

It sounds a little insane, but every time I look back at that trip I think of those unbelievably big malls. I think about how there was so much to cover and so little time and how I ran like a maniac from one shop to another, just so I could cover everything in that time limit. I remember how everytime I saw the magic word(sale), my eyes would light up and my feet would automatically take me in that direction. The smell of designer perfumes lingering in the air, the designer gown clad manequins, the soft feel of the fabrics, the array of gorgeous colours, the display of outfits that seemed to have walked right out of my dream. I miss every bit of it.
And once again I can do anything to have it back! *sigh*

5 comments:

Tanuj Lakhina said...
May 5, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Umm blank post?Suspense for summer?

Goddess of Nonsense said...
May 5, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Oh sorry...it got posted by mistake
*embarrased smiley*
Anyway it's complete now :P

Tanuj Lakhina said...
May 5, 2009 at 9:30 PM

The title mentions it was last year but the post makes it feel like it was when you were young (and crazy since then :))

Goddess of Nonsense said...
May 5, 2009 at 10:17 PM

lol I sound like a kid?! WHY? =P

Tanuj Lakhina said...
May 5, 2009 at 11:49 PM

lol crazily moving about in a mall from one store to another and eyes flashing up with the SALE word! lol.I think Mumbai has some malls too,why the special fetish with the stores abroad?