The New Look

Posted by Goddess of Nonsense on
My new 'job', if that's how you would like to call it, involves sitting in my dad's office for the next ten days till all the people who are on leave come back. There's very little to do and there's way too much time. Internet is my only source of entertainment. Since, Facebook is source of depression if you waste too much time on it, I have decided to dedicate the next few days religiously blogging about everything and nothing :)


I have also given my blog a bit of a makeover by adding all these boxes(what do you actually call them?) on the side. I'm not really a 'quote' person but that's all I could find. Frankly, Quote for the day and Love Quotes sound extremely lame, but I added them anyway. Then I came across quotes on Hinduism. Since I know so little about my own religion I decided I should add it. After that I thought of a few self-righteous friends I have on facebook, who add applications related to their faith inspite of already being a part of a hundred communities that talk about the same damn thing! And since I didn't want to sound like them, I added Bible and Quran quotes as well. Truth of the matter is that I do respect all religions, so why not learn a little about all?

After that I came across God Knows how many quotes and I guess I got a little carried away. Now I'm starting to think it looks like a terrible mess! So I'm going to let it be for a while until I decide the ones that get to stay and the ones that will have to go. Until then, there's one box that's not going anywhere.And that's One Tree Hill, baby! =D

5 comments:

malpani.!! said...
May 6, 2009 at 12:43 AM

haha..!!.. the lil boxes that u've put to decorate ur blog are called widgets!..

try reading an ebook if u are hell bent on spending time on the internet or pc..
or join twitter if u havent..!!.. i herd its good!..

and da facebook quizzes are really starting to piss me off..!!
anyway.. happy blogging!..

Tanuj Lakhina said...
May 6, 2009 at 3:30 AM

Yep was about to say what Malpani said.Those little things are called widgets.And if you have loadsa free time on your hands you can read on the internet.I don't mean E-books but blogs.There are loads of blogs that you can read and many of them would be of your interests. Google reader to keep tabs on their updates is a must have! I don't know what I would do without it.

Goddess of Nonsense said...
May 6, 2009 at 11:12 AM

e-books and twitter
Awesome idea
thanks guys :)

el_idioto said...
May 6, 2009 at 11:16 AM

too many widgets could take up loads of time... i've been accused to it so many times....

i'd suggest visiting other widgets dedicated site or blogger help sites... like
http://www.mintblogger.com/
http://www.deluxetemplates.net/1999/01/tips-tricks.html

PS: if you have loads of time and free net.. i'd suggest you stumbleupon.com. It's the best thing i've ever come across. addicted to it

Goddess of Nonsense said...
May 6, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Awesome...I'll check it out asap :)