'Say Cheese'

Posted by Goddess of Nonsense on
Clicking pictures for Facebook is no longer a fun activity.
Infact it is a disease.
You must be nicely dressed all the time with proper hair, make -up, etc.
You never know when someone decides to go Clickity- click.
You don't want everyone to see how you actually look, now do you?
And if you have no where to go, where people might take pictures of you, specifically for the purpose of putting them up on Facebook, please call all your friends and try to make some plan.
That way you will have an event to capture on camera and share with stalkers of this world.
And no one will think of you as a loser. Promise :)

At first I used to think this disease is affecting only the female population.
But knowing how vain they are... I wasn't all that surprised.
It started off with Birthday pictures, then Saturday night pictures followed by random College Events.
Till then it was perfectly okay.
However, uploading albums then became such an obsession that people started clicking pictures everywhere!
Limits were crossed when albums by the name - Waking up in the morning, Brushing my Gorgeous teeth, Making my Scrumptious Breakfast and My very own Designer Bathroom started being shared with random people.

So the boys refused to be left behind.
In their race to 'make frienship' with 'lovelee' girls on Facebook, they started taking pictures of themselves everywhere as well.
Every single time I go to marine Drive, I see atleast 3 to 4 such 'hunks' posing and asking fellow hunks to take pictures of them on the rocks , with the background of the sea or else against their very cool bikes.

Now all that I'm going to grudgingly accept. But parents joining Facebook and then falling prey to this disease?! No, no. This is one thing I am not willing to accept!

Two days ago I thought my eyes were betraying me when I saw 'Z is now friends with Uncle Z'.
As if that wasn't bad enough, today I see pictures of Uncle Z in the office, shaking hands with random business clients.

Two days on Facebook and the disease has caught up with Uncle Z already?
What is happening to this world?
How do we make this stop?!



4 comments:

Parinita said...
February 24, 2009 at 6:18 PM

How do we make this stop? Um, I dunno. A murder-suicide pact maybe?

Mohit Sureka said...
February 24, 2009 at 6:30 PM

ha ha ha.... nice one !!

u r a 'lovelee' writer... itz so true, except i havent come across cooking n bathroom pics yet :O !! n family joining is vry dangerous :O i hv warned them not to :D

good i dont click pics wid my byk in bombay, otherwise ppl dont spare bikers now a dayz :P

Goddess of Nonsense said...
February 24, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Lol no
Its nt the bike
But the attitude
If u look like a wanna be u won't be spared
n m sure ur not so... :)

Anonymous said...
March 22, 2009 at 12:54 AM

just stumbled onto ur blog. nice :)