Valentine

Posted by Goddess of Nonsense on , , , ,
My Valentine wasn't about roses, diamonds and pretty dresses.
It wasn't about wine, champagne and fancy meals.
It wasn't even about love letters and sweet nothings.

For me it was more of a Movie-thon Day. I sat at home all day and watched movies. All I wanted to watch was Nanny Diaries which was at 8 in the night. So i grabbed the remote at 1 p.m. itself. A little early na? But prevention is better than cure. I knew for a fact that if that Loser (read: my brother) got his hands on it first, I'd have to spend the entire day moping over my bad luck in another room.

And then guess which movie I get to watch? Because I Said So!! :D :D :D
After months and months of begging god- knows- who- all to download it for me AND annoying innumerable DVD guys in Colaba to order it somehow!

Fortunately for me it turned out to be a nice movie. Precisely because the romance didn't make me want to strangle the actors or throw tomatoes at them. It didn't give you that feeling of having seen this scene in a hundred other chick- flicks before. Even the story was different. Not very. But hey, it's a chick-flick at the end of the day right? There's a girl and two guys. An annoying, interfering mother. Sweet, supporting sisters. And obviously a happy ending where the girl and boy kiss and make up :P .

Then you know how the TV is. It's got these powers. Once you sit in front of it, it's hard to move. So I start flipping channels and I come across Kal Ho Na Ho.

OK, not the coolest movies to watch. But hey I love K-Jo ok. And so what if the movie is shown 3 times every week. The jokes are still funny. In the first half atleast. So that's precisely where I watched it till. And then I managed to extricate myself from the overpowering television set , vowing to return at 8 p.m. sharp.

God knows what happened at 8. The TV was blocked I was too lazy to fight for it and too restless to sit through another movie. So no Nanny Diaries for me :( .

But then, at 11, the seductress beckoned again. There I was, sitting ardently in front of her. Guess which movie it was this time? Dostana! More pointless rubbish for the day. I was hooked.
Agreed it's a funny movie. The 'Beedi Jalayle' the 'John and Abhishek meeting in Venice' scenes are hilarious, but you know which scene wins hands down? The scene in which John tells them that he has got everything in life because he has them. That scene is so touching.

And I completely agree with him on this one. I believe it is the people in your life that make it worth living. And there is nothing better in this world than living with your best friends.
I'm not saying that I don't want to get married. I want to. Definitely. Have a husband who adores me and a happy family. But there is so much to do before you finally decide to get married and spend the rest of your life with that one person. And living with your best friends is one of them. And now that's what I call my happy family :D.

So for the Valentine after my graduation I do want my fancy meal with wine and champagne with someone I absolutely adore, but at the same time I want an awesome apartment, somewhere far far away where there are no rules and regulations governing your life. Where every single is a party and I find it impossible to decide if today is better than yesterday!


P.S. I'm not cute. I'm Muhammad Ali!
Remember this line? :P

2 comments:

Parinita said...
February 22, 2009 at 6:33 PM

I love the scene just after your favourite scene. When Priyanka Chopra goes "Awww!" and walks towards John to hug him and Abhishek pushes her away and hugs him instead. LOL!

Goddess of Nonsense said...
February 23, 2009 at 12:43 PM

i know dude!
i love that scene too :D